This year, OWBC has launched it’s first-ever virtual fundraiser. The fundraiser is a Holiday Cookie Decorating Contest (online voting is open from Dec. 9-16) with a live virtual event on Wednesday, December 16 from 6:30-8:00pm. We invited local bakeries in our Williamson and Burnet Counties area to participate and four bakeries stepped up to the plate, literally!
- Cookies, Cupcakes and More in Hutto and Taylor
- Sugar Mama Cookies in Marble Falls
- Flying Thyme in Cedar Park
- Noble Delights Bakery in Leander
Voting = donating! So if you’re interested in giving back to the community this holiday season, we invite you to participate in this fun, family-friendly fundraiser. Online voting is simple. You can text COOKIE to 41444 or visit the event page to vote now through Wednesday, December 16th at 7:30pm CT.
You can also visit the event page on Wednesday, December 16th from 6:30-8:00pm to join in on the live virtual event. During the event, we’ll share live cookie tasting and how you can support the participating local bakeries, we’ll live premiere program videos, and invite donors to give back in real time.
Schedule of Events:
- Welcome – Kelly Dix, Board of Directors
- Introductions – Marco Cruz, Executive Director
- Meals on Wheels program video: Live Premiere
- Volunteering and Donating: Nina Stancil, Board of Directors, Development Committee Chair
- Community Services program video: Live Premiere
- Community Partnerships and Outreach in 2020: Lauren McAndrews, Director of Development
- Head Start program video: Live Premiere
- Cookie Taste Testing & How to Support the Participating Local Bakeries – Kelly Dix, Board of Directors
- Announce Holiday Cookie Decorating Contest Winner – Kelly Dix, Board of Directors
- Announce Door Prize Winners – Lauren McAndrews, Director of Development
- Thank You – Marco Cruz, Executive Director